mercredi 18 février 2009

BIG - the movie from the 80s

Wishing big


This film was just one of a plethora of ‘body-swap’ movies that were released in the 80s – but we’ll talk about those another time...


Whether you even saw this movie, every kid dreamed of waking up to be six feet tall.






Big took it even further by having Josh employed by a major toy manufacturer. His job? To play with toys all day.That's every kids dream. Actually, I could still go for a bit of that.


Long before Tom Hanks was winning Oscars for Forrest Gump and Philadelphia, he was goofing it up in this classic 80s feel-good comedy.


I remember we rent this on VHS back in the day and we watched it aplenty too.


Man, I wanted to play that famous piano pretty badly, and have that cool office with all the toys.


The dude even cruised around in a limo and what kid wouldn’t spit out a half kilo of caviar...caviar – so 80s.


And the apartment! That was the coolest loft ever. Trampoline, pinball, Pepsi. Whoever wrote this was definitely in touch with their inner child.


Anyway,I always kept my eyes peeled for a Zaltar machine at La Ronde. I still do actually, because I never did quite make it to a ''big'' person.

Well, im not sure if today i can rent this movie again...


0 commentaires: