jeudi 21 mai 2009

Nofx - coaster


NOFX have released a new album and this one is titled Coaster and it is their 11th. Did you hear that Fat Wreck Chords is now pricing all CD’s at $10 or less? This is the first new release with that pricing. It’s hard to believe that the band has been around since 1983 but as someone who has been listening to NOFX as long as I’ve been listening to punk music (and that’s a long time), all I can say is that NOFX knows exactly what they do well and has been doing just that for fucking ever now.

Coaster is a solid but not groundbreaking album, but really, what did you expect? I’m fan but not a die-hard, really, since 1997’s album So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes : it’s all just NOFX to me. Fat Mike does tread new ground lyrically with the song "My Orphan Year", the most heartfelt and serious song I've ever heard by NOFX. The rest of the songs are your typical NOFX.

0 commentaires: