jeudi 26 novembre 2009

The Weakerthans

I have found myself to be a bit on the obsessive side over the past month of my life. I worked a lot... too much...
And all this rambling brings me to this track. This track written about losing someone. This track which I believe is the perfect commentary on the war the USA is currently fighting (in two countries no less). This song is quietly desperate and melancholic. It’s filled with honest emotions and genuine heartache. And I know every word as if I wrote it myself.

It’s been said that John Samson (lead singer of The Weakerthans) wrote this song for a friend of his whom died in the war in Afghanistan. It’s also known that the title is lifted from a painting by the artist Edward Hopper. It’s a beautiful song and I feel that if I don’t share it with everyone it will be stuck in my head for ages and I won’t ever listen to another album.


mp3 : The Weakerthans - Night Windows

0 commentaires: