mercredi 14 avril 2010

Friends Of Friends


Some cool cat named Robert saw my blog here and liked it for whatever reason. Being the radical guy he is, he e-mailed me with some recommendations, the theme being 'lesser known Tallahassee bands'. The one I enjoyed most is Friends Of Friends; they play music that would fit perfectly on the No Idea roster, with their sound seeming to touch on many different sub-subgenres within the realm of 'orgcore'. They use at least two vocalists, and on top of that each of them has a pretty good range, so you get a good amount of variety throughout a listen of the album. The instrumentation changes up as well, furthering the variation in sound provided. This incidentally meant there were some songs or parts of songs I didn't really like, mostly when they sound like bands in the 'darkest corners' of the No Idea sound. Though most of it is really good, and I'll definitely be following the band to see what they do next. Thanks, Rob.Oh, and they offer the latest full-length release for free digital download. They have an EP out as well that you can find and purchase, I'm sure it's good.

0 commentaires: